It’s fall and my favorite time of the season! The weather changes to cooler temperatures and the leaves begin to change. Such a beautiful time of year.
But the best part are the pumpkin recipes. Here is a Low Carb Pumpkin Muffin recipe you can make at home that isn’t sugary, starchy and devoid of nutrients – like the muffins at your favorite coffee shop. Although those are pretty tasty, they are so bad for you. These muffins are rich in beta-carotene and contain half and egg’s worth of high quality protein. The delicately sweet flavor will satisfy and have you come back for more.
Here’s what you need…
* 1/2 cup coconut flour
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup canned pureed pumpkin
* 6 eggs, beaten
* 3 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
* 1/3 cup honey
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 12 pecans for topping
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Use a non-stick spray to oil the muffin pans.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the coconut flour, spices, baking soda and salt.
3. In another bowl, place the pumpkin puree then add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add melted coconut, honey and vanilla and mix until well combined.
4. Add the flour mixture the pumpkin mixture, blend with a whisk until most lumps have disappeared.
5. Spoon into prepared muffin pan, filling each muffin 2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden.
6. Place on wire rack to cool.