My all time favorite meal? Eggs!! They are super yummy and you can make them in just about every way. Here’s a recipe to spice up your breakfast. Egg whites, fire-roasted green chile and diced tomatoes create a tasty omelet that is bursting with flavor and packed with protein. Serve with a side of salsa and sliced avocado.
Here’s what you need….
Egg White Chile Omelet
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 small tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 (4oz) cans of fire-roasted, diced green chiles
- 12 egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Non-stick cooking spray
1. In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the tomatoes and chiles and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Season with pepper and salt and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl whisk the egg whites and water. Lightly coat a medium non-stick skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add 1/4 of the eggs and swirl to evenly coat the bottom of that pan. Cook until the eggs have set, about 2 minutes.
3. Use a rubber scraper to lift the eggs up and let the runny uncooked egg flow underneath. Spoon 1/4 of the chile mixture onto half of the omelet, fold over, and slide onto a serving plate. Repeat with remaining egg whites and chile mixture.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 163 calories, 5g fat, 6g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 26g protein
Just lovely! Excellent adivce! I hope to look HALF that good when I’m her age (hell, I don’t look half that good now! LOL. and it’s nobody’s fault but mine. Time to ‘roll out that mat!!!”xo
Sylvia Favela says
Thank You Indri! One foot in front of the other every day and you’ll see tremendous changes =)