It’s Sunday and St. Patricks Day!
Yesterday I noticed driving by Roscoes there was a
big white tent set up behind the restaurant.
Looks like it’s going to be one long day of festivities.
Although I won’t be drinking green beer today I’ll
be making some yummy green snacks today.
But first I wanted to give you the top 5 fitness
snacks you should carry with you.
1. Hard Boiled Egg and Sliced Veggies
2. Sliced Apple and Almond Butter
3. Natural, Low Sodium Jerky
4. Seasonal Berries with 1/4 cups of Almonds
5. A Bag of Homemade Kale Chips (receipe below)
Guilt-Free Kale Chip Snack
Salty, crunchy snack foods are a weakness for most people.
Instead of grabbing a bag of chips or crackers, which quickly
add up in unwanted pounds, make a batch of these yummy
delicious, crunchy kale chips.
Kale chips are low in calories and make a yummy crunch snack.
Nevermind if the kale gets stuck in your teeth better that than
those unwanted pounds getting stuck to your behind.
- 1 bunch kale, washed and torn, stem discarded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- dash of salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl mix the kale pieces with all of the ingredients.
3. Spread evenly on foil-lined baking sheets.
4. Bake for 12 minutes, watching closely that they do not burn. Remove
oven when crispy.
Nutritional Analysis: 51 calories, 3g fat, 68mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 2g protein