Eating healthy doesn’t need to be boring. Grilled salmon, crisp greens, tender corn and peppers a sprinkle of cheese and a few slices of avocado make this healthy salad something worth repeating.
The flavors in this dish are so delicious there is no need for dressing.
Santa Fe Salmon Salad
Here’s what you need…
- 2 (3.5oz) salmon fillets
- Santa Fe seasoning blend (2 teaspoons cumin, 1 teaspoon coriander,
1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon thyme,
1/8 teaspoon clove, 1/8 teaspoon allspice, 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 1/8 cup low fat cheese, grated
- 1/8 cup canned red peppers, finely chopped
- 1/2 avocado, sliced.
1. Coat the salmon fillets with Santa Fe seasoning. On a pre-heated grill, cook for
8-10 minutes on each side, until flaky and cook all the way through. Remove from
2. On 2 plates arrange a bed of lettuce, topped with half of the tomato, corn cheese,
peppers and avocado. Place the fillet on top.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 252 calories, 12 fat, 225mg sodium, 12g
carbohydrate, 7g fiber, and 24g protein.