Pivot Prone - Back Extension
Today’s Pilates Mobility is targeted to open up your mid to upper back. This back extension is perfect to do on a daily basis!
Do 10 repetitions, 3 to 4 rounds, rest 20 seconds.
- Begin by positioning yourself on the floor, stomach down on the floor or on a mat.
- Legs extended straight out behind you, toes pressed down to the floor.
- Extend both arms straight out overhead.
- Maintain proper spine alignment by keeping your head in line to your spring. Eyes down to the floor.
- Press hips into the floor to lengthen the back and squeeze the glutes.
- Exhale, extend arms out overhead.
- Inhale, bend elbows back towards the small of your back and hands by your ear.
- Make sure to keep the deep transverse abdominals engaged to avoid pressure in your low back.
Let me know if you tried it and how you enjoyed it! Leave me a comment below…
Want More Pilates Mobility & Stretches? CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
(Visited 307 times, 1 visits today)
Leave a Reply