Here’s a wonderful protein-packed snack recipe. The addition of homemade BBQ sauce takes these meatballs from regular to extraordinary. Enjoy as a power snack or throw a couple on a pile of greens for a light meal.
Here’s what you need…
* 2 beaten eggs
* 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
* 1/4 cup flax meal
* 1/2 cup onion, finely minced
* 2 Tablespoons coconut milk, canned, full fat
* 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 12 oz round cooked ham
* 12 oz ground raw pork
* 1/3 cup coconut crystals
* 2/3 cup organic, no-sugar-added ketchup
* 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
* 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1. In a large bowl combine eggs, almond flour, flax meal, onion, coconut milk, Dijon, and pepper. Add ground ham and ground prok: mix well. Shape into 18 balls, using about 1/4 cup mixture for each ball. Place ham balls in a lightly greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
2. In a bowl combine coconut crystals, ketchup, vinegar, and Dijon. Stir until the coconut crystals dissolve. Pour a spoonful over each ham ball.
3. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven about 35 minutes or until done. Transfer ham balls to a serving platter and enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One meatball equals: 122 calories, 7g fat, 293mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, and 9g protein