Today I’m sharing a healthy recipe with you that will please your taste buds while taking you one step closer to achieving your fitness goals. What a delicious way to eat your veggies. This colorful dish is perfect for a healthy breakfast or a light dinner.
All of that hard work that you put into your workouts can quickly and easily be lost on unhealthy eating – which is why it’s so important to enjoy light, protein-filled meals like this one.
Here’s what you need…
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- ¼ cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 12 oz bag Birds Eye Steamfresh frozen broccoli
- 1 15oz jar Mezzetta Marinated Sweet Yellow & Red Roasted Peppers
- ¼ cup 2% milk reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 8 Calamata Olives, chopped
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a small saucepan with light cooking spray and sauté the zucchini and onion over medium heat until tender. Microwave the frozen broccoli according to the instructions on the package.
- Coat an 8inch square pan with light cooking spray. Line the bottom of the pan with the roasted peppers. Spread the zucchini and onion mixture and broccoli over the peppers. Sprinkle the cheese over the vegetables.
- In a medium bowl combine egg whites, milk, olives, salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the vegetables. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the eggs have set. Garnish with cherry tomatoes.
Need more recipe ideas? Get my 7 Days of Clean Eating Meal recipes, click here.